Are You Grateful Daily?
As Tony Robbins says, “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” So, I wonder why it is that Thanksgiving is only celebrated one day per year. From my personal experience, when I take time to write in my journal about the things I am grateful for in my life I always seem to be rewarded with even more “abundance” as Tony says.
Be grateful daily… don’t wait until Thanksgiving…start today by writing a list of at least 10 items of the things you are grateful for in your life today! Here is a short list of things, in no particular order of importance, I am grateful for:
- My health
- The lessons I’ve learned from my parents
- The blessings of loyal friendships I enjoy
- My opportunity to teach public speaking to adults and more so for what I learn from them in return
- The trust my clients have in me to help improve their lives
- The patience I am taught by my children
- My mentors and role models who, before me, have blazed trails down roads less traveled
- Every mistake and failure that I convert into learning and growth
- The clients, vendors and strategic partners without whom Get A Klu, Inc. would not exist and…
- YOU…yes, I am most grateful to you for allowing me to continue believing that my ideas motivate, provoke, clarify, resonate with, lead, entertain or simply “gratify” you.
For all of that and more, I am so grateful! Thank you!
What do you have to be thankful for today? It could be as simple as finding a penny on the sidewalk…to the outstanding news of dear friends finally becoming pregnant after years of attempts. THESE THINGS HAPPEN WHEN WE ARE GRATEFUL!!! When we are present-minded to how truly wonderful things are in our lives… BOOM! They get better. The same, obviously, is true of fear, doubt, anger, shame, regret, envy, etc. The more of THAT we are present-minded to…well, you get the idea.
There is a question in Hebrew that is asked by Jews celebrating Passover each year…in Hebrew it sounds out phonetically as follows: Mah-neesh-tah-nah Hahl-eye-lah-hah-zeh! Translation: Why should THIS day be different from any other day?
Today and EVERY DAY, I encourage you to be thankful…to embrace an ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE that will naturally follow with abundance for your life and the lives of those you love.
From the bottom of my heart, I wish you and your community a happy and healthy Thanksgiving…daily!